Berries are an antioxidant powerhouse, which help to protect cellular health, including the health of both egg and sperm. And that’s why these mouth-watering muffins are packed with fertility-boosting, vitamin-packed blueberries and raspberries.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
3 cups plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 ½ cups caster sugar
2 cups fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 sticks (226g) butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 ¼ cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/375F and grease 2 muffin tins
- Place the flour, baking powder, bicarb, caster sugar and berries into a large bowl.
- Stir together until just combined and all the fruit is covered in flour.
- Place the eggs into a large jug and beat lightly.
- Add in the milk, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix together briefly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir slowly until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tins, filling each hole to the top.
- Place the muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden on top (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean).
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
#sundaybrunch #muffins #fertility #guthealth #nuafertility