Salmon is rich in essential fatty acids and omega-3s, which have been shown to be beneficial to fertility in men and women. 12 It’s also a must-have nutrient during pregnancy for healthy foetal growth. And that’s why it’s the foundation for this week’s fertility-boosting recipe!
Makes: 2 servings, 3 ounces each.
2 x 4-oz wild salmon fillets, with skin
1 tablespoon stone-ground (whole-grain) mustard
2 teaspoons apricot preserves
1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- In the oven, place the rack about 5-6 inches away from the heat source.
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet or broiler pan with foil and coat the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard and apricot preserves.
- Place the salmon on the prepared pan, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread the mustard mixture evenly over the top.
- Cook the salmon an additional 5 to 6 minutes, or until the fish is just opaque inside.
#sundaybrunch #fertility #guthealth #nuafertility