We’re previously extolled the fertility-boosting merits of the Mediterranean Diet, so why not incorporate some of the ingredients to create this delicious pizza? This novel take on a family favourite starts with a layer of delicious hummus, which is topped with assorted fresh veggies, feta cheese and olives!
1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
¼ cup plain hummus
1 ½ cups spiralised courgette/zucchini
¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
10 olives, chopped
3 sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, finely chopped
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and move a rack to the bottom of the oven.
- While oven is preheating, prepare the pizza.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper on an un-rimmed baking sheet and dust lightly with cornmeal.
- Shape dough into a 12” circle and place on the parchment paper.
- Spread the hummus over the pizza dough then top with the spiralised courgette, red onions, sun dried tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and dust with Italian seasoning.
- Transfer pizza to the oven using the baking sheet.
- Carefully slide the pizza and parchment from the baking sheet onto the baking stone.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven using the same baking sheet or a large cutting board.
- Slice and serve.