We hope you had a good start to The Healthy Gut Challenge. We are delighted to get you a delicious recipe from our CEO, Deborah Brock. Deborah has always been the one to come forward and share learnings from her own fertility journey with those in need. This particular recipe has 12 plants in it which will boost your progress and at the same time give your gut the diversity it needs. 💗
- 1 Butternut squash- chopped into cubes
- 4 x Beetroot- chopped into cubes
- Kale- finely chopped and massage with hands (Kale can be tough but full of fibre)
- Mixed salad leaves
- Tomatoes- chopped
- Sugar snap peas- handful chopped
- Spring onions- thinly chopped
- Handful Walnuts, pine nuts, almonds – chopped and toasted with the squash
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven at 180 degree. Put the beetroot, butternut squash in a dish and pour some olive oil. Sprinkle the nut mixture. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven & mix all other ingredients into a salad bowl
- Crumble in the goat’s cheese.
- Mix and shake the vinaigrette dressing (jam jars are great- close the lid and shake!)
- Pour your dressing over your salad and enjoy!
We are looking forward to knowing what’s cooking in your kitchen. Don’t forget to follow @nuafertility and tag us in your delicious recipes. Use #nuagutchallenge