There’s just something about gathering (socially-distanced right now, of course!) with loved ones over a plethora of food – sharing laughter, merriment, and one another’s company – that warms the soul.
Today’s recipe is an ultra-nutritious Superfood Salad that is delicious and guaranteed to crowd-please. It’s vegan-friendly but, thanks to its plant-based ingredients, provides all the protein you need.
1 sweet potato
1 tablespoon of your preferred oil for frying
Salt – to taste
¾ cup uncooked quinoa, washed
½ cup goji berries
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup fresh veggies of choice (mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots are all suitable)
1 cup of arugula
1 cup of baby kale
2-4 radishes, finely sliced
A handful or two of assorted nuts (pecans or walnuts are best)
3 tbsp peanut or almond butter
1 tbsp soy-free tamari (or soy sauce substitute)
½ tsp honey or maple syrup
½ tsp apple cider vinegar or squeezed lemon juice
1-2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tbsp grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees
- Toss sweet potatoes in the olive oil and add salt if you wish
- Bake until softened (about 30-45 minutes). When done, remove from pan to cool.
- In a small saucepan, add the washed quinoa with 1.5 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer until all water is cooked out and quinoa is fluffy.
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss the veggies, leafy greens, berries and seeds & nuts together in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing.
- Add sweet potato and quinoa to the bowl and mix all ingredients.
#superfoodsalad #TTC #probiotics #fertilityproblems #fertilityawareness #fertilitysupport #fertilityissues #infertility #infertilitysucks #fertilityfriend #guthealth #nuafertility